This post originally appeared on my Patreon.
It’s been a while but hopefully this will be a nice surprise– with the caveat that it’s a beta, and so I wouldn’t use it with your most important story of all time that’s due tomorrow morning. You can get it on Bitbucket.
- Passages can now be wide, tall, or just plain large. Make important passages bigger on the map so they’re easier to find.
- Tags can be assigned colors, which show up as a vertical stripe on a passage in the story map. Every tag doesn’t need to have a color–it’s up to you.
- You can now press the plus and minus keys to change the zoom level of the story map.
- A Turkish localization has been added thanks to H. Utku Maden.
Here’s what’s fixed:
- When you zoom in and out, Twine does a better job of keeping the window centered where you were looking.
- The zoom level you last set for a story is now remembered by Twine.
- If for some reason a story format can’t be loaded, you can still delete it.
- The desktop app is more tolerant of story files that it has trouble importing at startup — it keeps going, so you at least can get to the story list.
- If the desktop app does run into problems on startup, it shows the error message it should. For a little while, it would show just a white window… not very helpful.
- A bunch of libraries that aren’t needed anymore have been removed, so the web version’s size is a bit smaller!